Newfolder.exe

Discussion in 'Computing and Networks' started by sharma2k7, Oct 2, 2009.

1. sharma2k7

Thread Starter Active Member

Dec 10, 2007
    My system has been affected by newfolder.exe virus today morning through USB drive. It is creating .exe file inside each and every folder with the folder name.
    Plz help me out

2. gusmas

Sep 27, 2008
    Try latest avast with updates, and get usb security

3. studiot

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 9, 2007
  4. sharma2k7

Thread Starter Active Member

Dec 10, 2007
    I am not able to download avast . At the end of download it is giving error as source could not be read ,cannot save the file

5. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
    Might be time to reformat and reinstall.

Based on your past posts and previous virus problems I suggest you get a proper anti-virus program and watch were you put your pendrive.

6. dushuai

Sep 9, 2009
    if you format it and the virus show again,you should check your host PC,and there may be virus in it.

7. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
  8. rjenkins

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 6, 2005
    You could also try a bootable antivirus (CD).

These boot directly from a CD without using the Windows installation on the infected PC, so nothing is running to block or conceal files from the scanner.

It can then do a full scan of the infected machine. With some infections it's the only alternative to a re-install

There are quite a few, you need to do the download on a 'clean' PC and burn the .iso image to a CD. (Use 'imageburn' if you don't have other CD writer software).

One I've specifically used is 'Dr Web' - this seems able to remove viruses from files rather than just deleting things as many do, so your machine has a decent chance of still working after the scan..

http://www.freedrweb.com/livecd/

A list with a few of the other available CD images is here:
    http://www.thefreecountry.com/security/antivirus-rescue-cd.shtml

Obviously, you need to download a fresh image to get updates.

9. sayyedyusuf

Dec 22, 2009
    Brother try combofix or sdfix tool run any one tool in safe mode u can downlaod booth of tool in just type in google