New!

vikisonline

Joined Apr 17, 2012
Hello, I was just reading the website. Recently got into arduino development and wanted to refresh on ohms law and such so I dont blow my poor (and already abused) avr chip.

This is one of the best written tutorials I have seen, ever. I would say its textbook quality but in my opinion that would be an insult considering how bad some of the textbooks are that I have to deal with in university.

Seems like there is an alive and kicking community on here too so, I'll try to stick around. :)

And thanks for introducing me to SPICE. That is one great piece of, program. I always wanted something like that since I only have linux in my household so most commercial softwares are a nogo (couldnt afford it anyways), and now its been found!

Viktor

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
for arduino, use resistors and do not input negative signal. Good luck. It is fairy sturdy, but will result in erratic behavior if sees something unexpected.

vikisonline

Joined Apr 17, 2012
Yep. I tried an unresisted led for a split second on an output line, but its not wise.

Also bought a bunch of attinys. Messed up the fuse on one and managed to build my arduino into a high voltage re-programmer. I was able to save the poor little thing :D I love it when things work.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Which SPICE are you using?
You can run the good & free LTSpice under wine in Unix flavored OS'es. I believe that more folks who post on this site use LTSpice more than others. There is also a LTSpice users forum on Yahoo! groups; there are lots of models ready to copy into LTSpice.

There are a few quirky things about LTSpice, but I have found it quite usable.