New users (Under 10 posts)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
We keep getting feedback that new users can not see attachements, or use PM. I remember when the ability to edit or delete the posts was implimented, but it seems to have gone a bit beyond the original scope?

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Is it true? Can a Mod verify than new users can't have access to PMs or to attachments? If it is so, I think it is a major discouragment for a new user on its first steps on AAC.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
I believe the attachments in the Spot Welder thread has been edited out. :( I can not see any attachments, and when I click on a link in post #21 I'm sent to Invalid post specified - page. :(

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You are right. It may be causing some confusion on my part too. I have an alternate ID (which is discouraged) to check it out.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
OK, I've verified the following,

PM are deactivated for new users, there are no options for it.

Attachments are allowed for new users.

All of John's (Jpanhalt) attachments for his welder project are gone, but I don't believe he did it. The edit dates are wrong.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
OK, I've verified the following,

PM are deactivated for new users, there are no options for it.

Attachments are allowed for new users.

All of John's (Jpanhalt) attachments for his welder project are gone, but I don't believe he did it. The edit dates are wrong.
He mentioned to me that he removed them before he was banned because he was worried about the saftey aspect.