New Thread - Similar Thread Search

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
We have recently implemented a new feature to the New Thread dialog - a similar thread search.

When you go to create a New Thread you are asked for a thread title:

As you can see now there is a notice below the thread title:

When you enter a thread title the system will search for similar threads which have already been posted. That should help you to find answers.
Now when you write in a thread title the forums will do a quick search for similar threads which may be similar and hence have already answered your question. In the following example I selected the thread title "Boolean Algebra":

Try it for yourselves. Naturally if any of these threads do not answer you question or provide any insight then please feel free to start a new thread as normal.

We are looking for feedback on this feature from the perspective of usefulness and usability.

Dave

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
I have also noticed the 'pencil' like mark against thread titles, which picks and displays keywords(or words which have featured as thread titles?) from titles. Does it have anything to do with the feature?

Ofcourse, I think this will help people in finding quick answers or atleast it will help them educate themselves towards the problem they are dealing with.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
It would be neat if the "thread title" search also searched the ebook and provided links to matches there as well.

hgmjr