new student and project

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by ee.abady, Nov 25, 2009.

1. ee.abady

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 25, 2009
    hi
    am anew electrical engineering student
    and i have a project in the course { digital and logic circuit design }
    and i havedea how to do it
    i realy want your help my prothers :D
    my project is

{{{You are asked to design and implement (via simulation using Logic Works 4.0) a

4-bit BCD arithmetic Unit. The operation is going to be one of 4 based on the value of the control selection (S1S0) according to Table I. The two operands (A and B) are 4-bits each and are selected from a combination of binary switches. The arithmetic output is to be displayed on a seven-segment display. You are allowed to use the following ICs only, and any other required basic logic gate(s): 7447, 7483, 74157 ICs only.

Table I

Bit Combination (S1 S0).............................................. Operation

0 0 .......................................................................................... A+B
    0 1........................................................................................... - A
    1 0 ........................................................................................... - B
    1 1............................................................................................ 0

HINTs:

1. You can consult with your text book for part of the adder design.

2. To display “-“ use the symbol that corresponds to binary input 1100 (12)10 in 7447 IC. Check the data sheet for this.

Make sure to label all your design components, and show the input values as well as output values on a seven segment display. To learn more about the ICs check their data sheets on the web.}}}

and i will be greatfull if you explain that for me please

abady

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2009
  2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    You really shouldn't post your email address publicly. A sad fact of life is spam bots search sites like this just for that kind of info.

3. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Go to the Google site - www.google.com - and type in "7447". Select one of the sites that come up to obtain the data sheet. Repeat for the 7483 and the 74157 IC's.

Once you have all the necessary information, see if you can start to design the adder as required. Come back with specific questions.

4. ee.abady

Nov 25, 2009
    now i have questions
    he gave us a multiblixer with one control line and ask us to build a circuit with 2 control lines
    that confused me alot

could help me with that
    abady

5. ee.abady

Nov 25, 2009
    mr. bill
    i think you missunderstand me
    i put my e mail to contact with my prother who would like to explain the idea
    not just to put it
    and am sorry for that
    abady