New project

Shruti Santhosh

Joined Apr 24, 2012
Hey I'm a second year B tech Electronics Engineering student. Can anyone suggest me some good projects related to Electronics? Also I need to know which areas should I concentrate more to become a better engineer.

edgetrigger

Joined Dec 19, 2010
Projects is not importatnt to become a better engineer. Depth of knowledge in electronics and your IQ will only define what kind of engineer you are.

I suggest you just spend more time reading your course text for priliminary knolwedge and google more on relavant topics for you to have a better understanding of the subject.

If you dont have a solid fundamental foundation of the subject you cant apprehend anything more by doing some projects.

Basic Electronics, Basic Elcetrical and Network Theory is what you need to master first along with a strong hold on mathematics( Calclus and diff equations for now and LT and FT later after you are introduced to it in your 3rd and 4th sem)

Still if you want to waste time on projects then it would be better to ponder upon building your own linear/smps D.C. power supply, multimeter, Public address sytems etc.

But without solid fundamental theory understanding any attempt on project will make you one more grease monkey.:D

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I humbly disagree. Actually connecting parts and seeing why they don't work the first time will show you your weaknesses. This site has a lot of circuits to play with in the e-book. At the top of each page you can click on, "Vol. VI-experiments" and find lots of circuits that actually work if you do them right.