New PhOrg policy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Wendy, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Wendy

Thread Starter Moderator

Mar 24, 2008
    Gee, that sounds vaugly familiar. Seems we're not the only site getting hammered by pseudo science.

2. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Let me guess what aspects of pseudoscience they are getting lumbered with :rolleyes:

Seems there is a mobilisation to get some credibility from reputable sites. We have wondered why we seem to get our fair share here at AAC.

Dave

3. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    We have a new policy in place as well. Scammers must be hungry for business.

4. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    I suspect for pseudoscience, PhysOrg may include such things a ionophoresis of your feet to get rid of harmful humors and so forth. As strongly as I agree with PhysOrg, I haven't seen that we have a problem with such rubbish here. At worst, they are an occasional amusing post.

I like our new policy, as I have said before, and I hope it is enforced. I would even go so far as to suggest that once you kill the weed, you should pull it from the garden, i.e., delete it. Maybe that will be a next step. Right now, it is great just seeing the threads locked.

John

5. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    It's been tempting to pull the plug on the whole mess, but the past threads are being left on as proof that there are no unexplored areas in the overunity/free energy/HHO spectrum.

Future OP's get moved to this forum and directed to cull through those old posts for every possible answer. I don't imagine anyone wants to repeat all that work of refutation and attempted education.

We are here as a resource, so the information is worth preserving - even if some of the OP's overstep the bounds.

6. Wendy

Thread Starter Moderator

Mar 24, 2008
    I've seen several current posts where they are working on a HHO system, but as long as they are talking circuits I don't see the harm. It's their money to waste, and they will come away with skills.