New member looking for some help

Discussion in 'Wireless & RF Design' started by Leigh_J, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Leigh_J

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Hello to all,

I'm new here to the forums, so first a little bit about me..I work in aerospace and restore WW2 military vehicles as a hobby.
    I've always had a keen interest in electronics, but have never really had the inclination to pursue it further until now.
    My knowledge is very much entry level, so I hope I don't become a pain with my questions :)

Would it be possible to use a 433mhz transmitter like this one?... 433MHz RF Transmitter Module

with multiple receivers like this one?... RF Receiver Module

What I want to do is transmit a signal (from a single transmitter via a momentary type switch) to 4 separate receivers.
    The output from each receiver will only be to make a lamp flash on and off.

I would like the receivers to work in pairs, for example - pushing a button on the Tx will send signal to 2 Rx's activating a lamp, then pushing another button on the Tx will activate the other 2 Rx's. Thats really about it :)

Probably really simple stuff for you guys, but I'm still learning here.

So am I on the right track?

Leigh J
  2. absf

Dec 29, 2010
    The answer is Yes, you can. But you have to do it as recommended by the product web site...

I dont think the distance would as far as 1000m as in the advertisement.:D

Try google and download the datasheets of HT12E and HT12D in pdf file format and read them through. Ask the questions here if there's anything you dont understand.:)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  3. Leigh_J

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Thanks Allen,

I've downloaded the datasheets and starting to read, I'm sure I'll be back if I'm having trouble understanding it all :)

Thanks again,