New member: Dead Short - H-bridge help req.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
You wrote via E-mail:

Hello
I am new to this forum and need some advice on where I can look to get the right info for an H-Bridge to drive a 12 VDC motor.
The boss insists on N ch MOSFETs and so I understand the need for the Vgs to be say 10V (typically IRF640'ish type devices) but when looking at the IR gate drivers (IR2110, 2114 etc) don't understand the full functionality of the high side driver, or whether it will work for 12V motor supply and 3v for the IR device and uP supply.
Is there a relatively simple way to putting togehter a driver - I am going to use an ST uP for the full control.
Regards
<name removed>
I don't help people via E-mail nor PM, as it defeats the purpose of the Forums, deprives you of other knowledgeable input, delays responses you might get, and jams up my PMs and E-mail something terrible.

Give more information about the load you're driving, voltage/current being used. Also important is whether it is a land-based application or an aviation application.

Don't be afraid to reply here. I am certainly not the only member who knows something about electronics.