New member building PWM slot car controller

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by 999alfred, Sep 26, 2010.

1. 999alfred

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Hello,

I am new to this forum, and what drew me here is a year old thread started by Unjust concerning a PWM slot car controller. As an old 1/24th sale racer from the sixties/seventies I was surprised when a new track opened up very near me (East TN Model Raceway, http://slotblog.net/index.php?showtopic=10286 ). I like to build all my equipment, that's the fun, and I started looking at a PWM mosfet controller. I have written code for a PIC micro I had laying around to use the ADC input, connected to an old Aurora HO trigger controller I still have, and use it to send out PWM from the PIC.
    Where I am hurting is understanding the MOSFET charge pump, etc interfacing. I got the last attachment drawing and was wondering Unjust, if you had a final working version.
    I found JayGee Racing's document describing PWM controllers, but again no detail on the charge pump circuitry.

Thanks,
    tj

2. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
  3. 999alfred

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 16, 2010
  4. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    Well, Unjusts' last activity on here was about 10 months ago. If you would like a reply from them, I would suggest posting in that same thread (as they might be getting E-mail notifications when a reply is made) or sending a PM or E-mail to them.