New Kindle Commercial

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by maxpower097, Mar 3, 2013.

1. maxpower097

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Ok so I in no way want this to get political, or degrading to anyone at all. Since a lot of us are from FL I want to see if their getting the commercial also is this commercial airing in other states and countries? This is why I ask. FL like SF has a huge LGB(Homosexual) population. Our main sportscaster is gay. Anyways a couple days ago I'm watching the boob tube and a commercial for the Kindle Paperwhite comes on, heres the basic commercial.

A attractive guy and girl are on a beach with their tablets. The female has a Kindle white and has no problem reading it in the sun. The guy on the other hand has anormal tablet and can't see as good. He orders a kindle pw and says well I just ordered one in 30 seconds, we should celebrate and have a drink. The female responds saying "Thats ok my husbands bringing me one now." The man then replys "Really? So is mine!" Then it cuts to the bar and shows 2 guys with drinks waving at them. I thought this was really forward for mainstream TV so I'm curious if this is being show in just high LGB area's, or nationally. Thats really all I need to know. You can probably see commercial on youtube.

2. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    Wow have not seen that one. Then again I rarely see commercials anymore with the DVR. It is a new take on there old commercials.

I get upset when companies try to push diversity for diversity's sake. Yes they probably have a certain segment of their customer base that is gay but I will bet it is tiny compared to their market of heterosexuals. It does not make any sense to market to a small segment of customers. What is next? You can name the special interest group, race, religion etc. , why not market to them too?

I do like their musical jingle by the way.

3. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Thats why I wanna see if their airing it in GA, AL, TN, KY. They may only be airing it here.

4. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    maxpower097 likes this.
  5. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009