New Kindle Commercial

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Ok so I in no way want this to get political, or degrading to anyone at all. Since a lot of us are from FL I want to see if their getting the commercial also is this commercial airing in other states and countries? This is why I ask. FL like SF has a huge LGB(Homosexual) population. Our main sportscaster is gay. Anyways a couple days ago I'm watching the boob tube and a commercial for the Kindle Paperwhite comes on, heres the basic commercial.

A attractive guy and girl are on a beach with their tablets. The female has a Kindle white and has no problem reading it in the sun. The guy on the other hand has anormal tablet and can't see as good. He orders a kindle pw and says well I just ordered one in 30 seconds, we should celebrate and have a drink. The female responds saying "Thats ok my husbands bringing me one now." The man then replys "Really? So is mine!" Then it cuts to the bar and shows 2 guys with drinks waving at them. I thought this was really forward for mainstream TV so I'm curious if this is being show in just high LGB area's, or nationally. Thats really all I need to know. You can probably see commercial on youtube.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Wow have not seen that one. Then again I rarely see commercials anymore with the DVR. It is a new take on there old commercials.

I get upset when companies try to push diversity for diversity's sake. Yes they probably have a certain segment of their customer base that is gay but I will bet it is tiny compared to their market of heterosexuals. It does not make any sense to market to a small segment of customers. What is next? You can name the special interest group, race, religion etc. , why not market to them too?

I do like their musical jingle by the way.