New Kicad release.

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by MaxHeadRoom, Nov 11, 2015.

1. MaxHeadRoom

Thread Starter Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    Anyone using the new stable Kicad-4.0.0-RC2 release?
    Also anyone know if it runs on XP and compatible with previous release projects/schematics?
    Max.

2. MaxHeadRoom

Thread Starter Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    I figured if Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire, (CERN) is involved it should be a good product?
    Read Electron collider.:cool:
    Max.

3. hrs

Jun 13, 2014
    I'm using version 2015-11-09 BZR 6305. It was built from source the day before yesterday so it's probably very similar or even the same as RC2. It loads my older projects fine though it recommends me to replace some old schematic symbols with new ones.

For some reason there was nothing in the footprint library possibly because i didn't do something in the build process? But it still works with cached footprints that are apparently there in each project somehow.

So it works for me though I run it on linux and my use of Kicad is restricted to basic stuff.

4. Robin Mitchell

Oct 25, 2009
    I am currently running the latest version and so far so good. It has some very nice features too!
    Cant say about XP though.

5. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    You build the program, not the library.

You import the library from some other source, most likely the same place you downloaded the source code from.

6. MaxHeadRoom

Thread Starter Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    Tried it on XP works fine.
    No build for this latest release, just one .exe file.
    Max.

7. Picbuster

Dec 2, 2013
    I had this problem to.
    The system installs perfect however it will ignor the 'old libs and foot prints'
    Copy the 'old ones' over the new installed ones.