New Here

35Pete

Joined Nov 23, 2007
Hi. My name is Pete. I am a Sr. Staff Electrical Engineer with a Fortune 50 company. My BSEE concentration was in digital design and my MSEE was in RF circuit design. I am presently a lead circuit design engineer for digital controller circuitry in extremely sensitive RF applications. My areas of expertise specifically are PCB layout, RFI/EMI, high-speed signal integrity, analog, digital, and RF circuit design. I'm here to learn from others in their areas of expertise and also offer advice (when asked) in my areas of expertise. I have been an EE for 15 years now and still love it.

Great site guys.

clam

Joined Apr 23, 2007
Hi Mr. Pete. That is a very impressive resume! I am new here too after coming out of lurking status. I am just a hobbyist and have no formal technical education. I can't decisively give any answers and have only what seems like a never ending supply of questions. It's good that someone with your background would take the time to participate and help those like myself. This has been a very helpful site to me and I'm sure you will only make it better.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi. My name is Pete. I am a Sr. Staff Electrical Engineer with a Fortune 50 company. My BSEE concentration was in digital design and my MSEE was in RF circuit design. I am presently a lead circuit design engineer for digital controller circuitry in extremely sensitive RF applications. My areas of expertise specifically are PCB layout, RFI/EMI, high-speed signal integrity, analog, digital, and RF circuit design. I'm here to learn from others in their areas of expertise and also offer advice (when asked) in my areas of expertise. I have been an EE for 15 years now and still love it.

Great site guys.
Impressive resume.

Welcome to All About Circuits, I hope you can impart some of your knowledge and experience onto others. Have a look around the site and forums and get stuck in.

Dave

darenw5

Joined Feb 2, 2008
Pete - please tell me about signal integrity work. Been considering career choices, and have gotten curious from job descriptions for "Signal Integrity Engineer". What does it take to get into that work? I'm coming from software development, which i never enjoyed or was too brilliant at, and am trying to reawaken my electronics background. Is SI interesting work, always new challenges and problem-solving satisfaction? Or a dreary grind better suited to a robot? What is a typical day like?