New Here

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by 35Pete, Nov 23, 2007.

1. 35Pete

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Hi. My name is Pete. I am a Sr. Staff Electrical Engineer with a Fortune 50 company. My BSEE concentration was in digital design and my MSEE was in RF circuit design. I am presently a lead circuit design engineer for digital controller circuitry in extremely sensitive RF applications. My areas of expertise specifically are PCB layout, RFI/EMI, high-speed signal integrity, analog, digital, and RF circuit design. I'm here to learn from others in their areas of expertise and also offer advice (when asked) in my areas of expertise. I have been an EE for 15 years now and still love it.

Great site guys.
  2. clam

Apr 23, 2007
    Hi Mr. Pete. That is a very impressive resume! I am new here too after coming out of lurking status. I am just a hobbyist and have no formal technical education. I can't decisively give any answers and have only what seems like a never ending supply of questions. It's good that someone with your background would take the time to participate and help those like myself. This has been a very helpful site to me and I'm sure you will only make it better.
  3. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Welcome, Pete. You'll see inquiries about everything electronic here. Jump in and have fun.
  4. Voltboy

Jan 10, 2007
    Welcome pete. Nice to have such a guy in here :rolleyes:
  5. recca02

Apr 2, 2007
    hope we'll be able to learn a lot from you.
  6. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Impressive resume.

Welcome to All About Circuits, I hope you can impart some of your knowledge and experience onto others. Have a look around the site and forums and get stuck in.

7. darenw5

Feb 2, 2008
    Pete - please tell me about signal integrity work. Been considering career choices, and have gotten curious from job descriptions for "Signal Integrity Engineer". What does it take to get into that work? I'm coming from software development, which i never enjoyed or was too brilliant at, and am trying to reawaken my electronics background. Is SI interesting work, always new challenges and problem-solving satisfaction? Or a dreary grind better suited to a robot? What is a typical day like?