New guy trying to learn LED's

Status
Not open for further replies.

kev2809

Joined May 3, 2011
whats up everyone?

first post here...and i have a few questions. im trying to get into the hobby of making led lights...my problem is i have no previous experience whatsoever. im building a 1967 suburban, and was wanting to make my own lights, with LED's...similar to this..

kev2809

Joined May 3, 2011
my question is...is this something too difficult for a beginner to do?

and if anyone can point me to an area where i can learn the basics of making this...or if anyone can help me out with that that would be cool. im here to learn how these work so maybe i can extend it to making these for other cars or so.

thanks in advance!

Jaguarjoe

Joined Apr 7, 2010
Learning LED's is cool but modifying automobile lighting is not cool around here. Read the terms of service up on top of the forum somewhere.
There are 6 or 7 ebooks on top of the main page. LED's ought to be in there.

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
Rules violation and by the way, spreading the light sources around in the housing may be good for new design but the original filter lens was designed to work with a single point source of light and won't look like the original without that.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

According to the newly published ToS, the mains powerd leds are not allowed:
Terms of Service

Quote:
6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies

Bertus

Status
Not open for further replies.