new guy lm339n and mc14017bcp

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by terry735001, Dec 1, 2013.

1. terry735001

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 1, 2013
    i am not sure how to ask so i well just say what i am trying to do

i have a vip smart wheel in my RV that has buttons on it for doing inputs

its is a 4 wire system only but 2 of the wires are used for 12v lighting

the last 2 are for power and sending the input info back to a small ECM that is mostly just relays to make lights and every thing work i do not have this ECM and the cost is high so i wanted to make my own

i am trying to wire in to this system to make it talk to a arduino with a relay bored

the bored that i am trying to get info on is for sending out info and only has a lm339n and mc14017bcp chip i have looked at the PDFs for them and its is becoming hard for me to under stand how they are making the system talk in the incoming power wires /2 it looks like the info is being sent out on the ground

i see on Google that this setup is used a lot in LEDs and timing/clocking but how can i see/ use this ?? info to talk to a arduino what info is it really

part number for the bored is 4.907.22 i can not find any diagrams for this but i am sure some one has made a bored like this befor in some way as there is not much to it

is see alot of info in this site for a mc14017bcp so thats why i posted here

thanks for any help
  2. wayneh

Sep 9, 2010
    You should have read the Terms of Service here. Sorry to say, automotive modifications of any kind are not an allowed topic.
    terry735001 likes this.
  3. terry735001

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 1, 2013
    sorry i did not see that

some of the system i am trying to make has nothing to do with driving so when its time to make them i can ask for help on them

my RV had a small fire inside so ... got it that way... so i have alot to do in getting all the systems back up and running again

i just wanted to under stand this one bored but i know a way around it if need be

thanks for your taking the time to post and letting me know that