New Guy from Ohio

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sarge, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Sarge

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Hello! I wanted to introduce myself.

Not sure if this is the correct place to do it. But anyhow I have lurked on here for quite a long time, and I love this site! You guys are great! I have played around in the industrial electronics field for some several decades now, and I love it.

I am both a Navy and Army Veteran, experience with Terrier and Hawk missile systems.

I am trying to get back into the field professionally. I have enrolled in CIE’s AAS degree program, this month, as I have taken a course from them in the past and was happy with it.

More recently, with my new employer, I have been assigned the task of re-constructing several old PCB’s from the 1980’s. I am clearly not an engineer, or even have much recent experience with modern electronics. Most of what I know is dated to the 1980’s but they felt that made me perfect for the job of reverse engineering these systems and building new ones.

As I make my way through these things, I will undoubtedly have tons of questions, mostly on identification of old “house marked” components.

From what I have read thus far, you guys seem to be the best around for making something out of nothing.

Congrats on a great site, and I am very happy to make your acquaintance.

----JB

2. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Hello

Welcome new guy from Ohio :D

Glad u like it....we need new geeks u know...

Check Off topic's "who are you" thread

3. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Welcome aboard Sarge.

4. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

Welcome to the site.
    We will be happy to answer the questions.

There is also the eBook, see the tabs on the top of the page.
    The eBook can be downloaded using the PDF sign at the right top on the index page of a volume.
    Did you also look at the useful websites thread:
    Useful websites for electronics (Ver. 2)
    Or the RF related links thread:
    RF related links

Bertus

5. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    Welcome, there are a couple of us Buckeyes here :)