New format

PackratKing

Joined Jul 13, 2008
Getting along with the new layout ok... "forum jump " is a little rocky... uploading stuff appears to be quite a bit less involved

Overall, nice job with the new look !!! :D

Joined Nov 30, 2010
It's working for me. Typing in answers, posting drawings, getting quotes in my post...no problems.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
I miss the full size drawings. Maybe new glasses would help.:cool:
I also get slow response sometimes and a message that AAC is not responding, recovering web page. Could be me. Windows 8.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
No time delays here!:)

My bank page stalled this morning, but my line to AAC is as fast as anyone could want. Less than a second to load a page, consistently.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I miss the full size drawings. Maybe new glasses would help.:cool:
I also get slow response sometimes and a message that AAC is not responding, recovering web page. Could be me. Windows 8.
I was having problems with the drawings/schematics too, until I figured out that you need to click on the written description of the "schematic" not the picture in the thumbnails. Just clicking the picture gives another thumbnail in a new tab. Clicking the words gives full size in a new tab. Win8 and firefox

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Blah, sometimes the multi-quote works, and sometimes it don't. And where the heck is the "code" and "quote" buttons?

And by "quote button" I mean when you type in text and want to wrap it in quotes, like the old format.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
And where the heck is the "code" and "quote" buttons?

And by "quote button" I mean when you type in text and want to wrap it in quotes, like the old format.
It's right between the video button and the drafts button--it's labeled "insert". Click it and you get a dropdown with those options.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
What the heck is a video button and a draft button? And where is the dang-gum spell checker?
In the top button bar of the reply pane there is a button for videos (actually, "media") and a button (with an image of a floppy disk) called "drafts". Right between them there is an "insert" button.

2014-09-08 21_02_02-New format _ All About Circuits.png

As for the spell-checker, I'm getting red squiggly lines on wrong words, though that may just be my browser.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
I wouldn't call it full featured, but it did try to guess the word and give a correct spelling to select. Worked OK for old dyslectic folks like me.

BTW, I have sex daily! what I mean is, I have dyslexia.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I remotely remember a spell checker button in vB, but I never used it. I have Firefox apply its own spell checking in every insert-text field of my browser. If you work of Firefox, maybe this will be a global replacement for you? It wouldn't surprise me if other browsers had that feature too.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I already asked jrap if it posible to find a replacement of the spellcheck.
In the old software it looked like this:

Bertus

Attachments

Last edited:

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Every modern web browser has built-in spellcheck.
I remotely remember a spell checker button in vB, but I never used it. I have Firefox apply its own spell checking in every insert-text field of my browser. If you work of Firefox, maybe this will be a global replacement for you? It wouldn't surprise me if other browsers had that feature too.
Along with Firefox: Chrome, Safari, Opera and IE10+ all have spell check built in. I'm hesitant to install a forum plugin when it's not really necessary!

Last edited: