New chapters ... when ?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by bogdanm, Nov 18, 2004.

1. bogdanm

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 18, 2004

For the beginning let me say that this is by far the best book on electronics I've ever read. The style is so clear that I actually like reading it. Not being attacked with tens of calculus formulas surely has its merits :) And the fact that it is free makes the whole thing just perfect.
    My question: is the author still working on the book? Are there any updates ready? I made it to part III and it feels weird to see all those "pending" or "not complete" phrases getting so dense :( So, please let me know the status of the whole thing. I'm just curios. And very unpacient :)
    Thank you for your wonderful work.

Bogdan M.
  2. Dcrunkilton

E-book Co-ordinator

Jul 31, 2004

Tony Kuphaldt, the original author, is no longer working on the series of "Lessons in Electricity" volumes. Will he will be back in a few years? I don't know. For the next few years he is too busy with other professional and personal projects. See his previous posts to this forum.

In the mean time, I am working on Volume four, Digital. One chapter, "Karnaugh Mapping", was added about the middle of the year. I have been working on the "Shift Registers" Chapter. It may be out in about a month with minor revisions to other volumes. I may be done with the missing chapters in another year in the Digital volume. At that Time, I would look at the Semiconductor volume missing sections.

The major application of Tony's work is now

Contributions to the missing sections are surely welcome.

Dennis Crunkilton