New Calculator

Discussion in 'Math' started by amilton542, Jan 25, 2015.

1. amilton542

Thread Starter Active Member

Nov 13, 2010
    I've replaced my scientific calculator with the exact same model (Casio fx-85GT PLUS) and on the back of the packaging it says you can do numerical differentiation and integration. I didn't even know this was possible with a standardized calculator like this. I've flipped through the manual that came with it and I can't find anything. I was just curious if anyone out there knows how to accomplish numerical calculus methods on a basic scientific calculator like this (on the packaging it says you can apparently).

2. tjohnson

Dec 23, 2014
    Regrettably, this doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere online, and I can't answer your question since I don't have that particular model of Casio calc. I would suggest asking your question on a forum specifically about Casio calcs, like Casiopeia or Universal Casio Forum. Hope this helps!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  3. amilton542

Thread Starter Active Member

Nov 13, 2010
    I've already looked into it. The back of the packaging saying what it can do is the same for all Casio calculators. Presumably their most advanced calculator does everything it says on the tin, whereas others do not. A sale's pitch more than likely.