New and will try to not be too annoying....

Seax_Smith

Joined Nov 15, 2010
‘eya,

Wanted to say hello. Am new here and looking for the section for “I’m so new to this that _____________”.

Have been working my way through the pages and exercises associated with this forum and really don’t have much to contribute. Am just into the self-ed thing.

Have a couple of simple goals so far:

1) Want to build a simple, cost effective little “lab” and learn as much as I can form it. Working with a 12v 1.5amp wall wart, 1.5 amp auto fuse, terminal strip and a very good automotive multimeter right now.

2) Want to learn about manipulating LEDs series parallel arrays.

3) Want to learn enough so I can understand the little circuit board that keeps my dome light on for a couple of minutes after I close my car door.

4) First project I want to try is to build an LED light form my 2.5 gallon fish tank, which will run off a couple rechargeable 9 volt batteries, will be able to be recharged by a wall wart and will have a photovoltaic cell to also recharge it.

That said, “’eya” and excuse me while I go back to reading and working on those lessons.

a computer power supply modded for changing o/p voltages will go a long way ....

you can build computer based function generators / oscilloscopes for expanding your lab cheaply ....