New Analog spice analysis tool free from TI

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
TINA-TI 9.1 is a powerful SPICE-based analog design and simulation tool. The latest version of the free software program, which averages 5X speed increases over version 7.0, allows engineers to design, test and troubleshoot a broad variety of basic and advanced analog circuits, including complex architectures, without any node or number of device limitations.

http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/fol...id_pod1=MjIyMDQ3MzIwODcS1&sp_mid_pod1=3441873

rapidcoder

Joined Jan 16, 2011
Uh, oh, my marketing BS detector beeps. How does 5x speedup even matter if your simulation engine can't simulate an ideal LC circuit properly using default settings? The output signal is hardly sinusoidal. And if you can't simulate *linear circuits* correctly, how can I trust nonlinear simulation results? Remember that a program that produces incorrect results five times as fast is infinitely slower.

I checked some recent TINA evaluation version a month or two ago (I guess this was some 9.0 series) and it was hell slow compared to LTSpice on linear circuits. Instead of providing meaningless numbers like 5x performance improvements, you had better posted what exactly was improved and where does this performance increase come from.