Neurological Dendrites

Circuits456

Joined Jun 23, 2013
Hi,

I want to do a project which consist of building a neuron transmitter which is capable of sending electrical impulses in the range of -70 mV to -80 mV.

Below is a little something about my project and why i think it is possible to do.

Firstly, dendrites collect electrical signals which is in between -70 to -80 mV and may have a conductance of 0.1 - 0.3. These are electrical impulses which pass along the nerve (Axon) after being converted into chemical signals in the Cell body (Neuron).

Now whilst inside the cell body this electrical impulse does stimulate sodium and potassium ions which in turn gives you - ta da - the chemical signal. This should be a healthy dose of sodium ions (positives) coming into the cell (neuron) and potassium ions (negatives) going out of the cell (neuron) if the electrical impulse received is between -70 to -80 mV.

However, if the wrong electrical impulse comes into the cell (above/below the range of -70 and -80 mV) then it is possible for the cell (neuron) to shrink or burst. Which in the wrong hands is quite dangerous.

Now after the cell process, it gets passed onto the beginning of the nerve (axon hillock) and then the nerve itself (axon). This conducts excitation and the 'Myelin' protects the electrical impulse from dissipating. So you can say the Myelin coating around the axon acts like the coating wrapped around your fiber optic cables for your internet.

It then gets sent to the telondendritic zone (output) where it gets transmitted onto the next synapse (Input) of the next Cell (neuron) where the process starts all over again.

Any suggestions is appreciated. Thanks