Network ip switch with iPad app.

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Leavitte, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Leavitte

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 26, 2012
    I've got a network switch from robot electronics.com. It's the ETH-RLY16, Ethernet controlled Relay Module. It has 8 relays controlled With the use of an iPhone app to control the application the problem I'm having is I removed one of the relays from the circuit board in order to try and get a momentary connection in order to simulate the momentary operation of pushing the power button on my pc to turn it on. When I activate the circuit on my iPhone it supplies 12v to the contact where the relay was originally located. Which is great if I wanted to supply power to a circuit. What I need is it to operate a momentary connection. My issue is the design and how to make the switch only operate temporary with constant power applied and have the same functionality when the button is pressed to the off position to shut off the computer with the same momentary pulse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    The Completed Projects Forum is for Completed Projects only. It is meant to allow members to show plans for projects they built so other members can duplicate them if desired. New threads are also automatically moderated per Moderator review for this reason. Your thread does not belong in this forum, and was moved here.