• no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ojeka

Joined Jul 5, 2012
:mad: Please friends i need help on an assignment on my 3yr network analysis calculation please help now if possible.
questions
(1a) two batteries A and B are connected in parallel and load of 1Ω is connected across their terminals, A has an emf of 12v and an internal resistance of 2Ω: B has an emf of 8v and an internal resistance of 1Ω. use kirchhoff's laws to determine the values and directions of the currents flowing in each ofthe batteries and fin the external resistance. also determine the p.d across the external resistance.
(1b) the four arms of a Wheatstone bridge have the following resistance; AB=100, BC=10, CD=4, DA=50 ohms. a galvonometer of 20Ω resistance is connected across ED calculate the current through the galvanometer when a p.d of 10v is maintained across AC.
thanks guys i need help on this.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
This should really have been posted in the Homework Help forum -- it would have gotten quite a few more looks by the handful of folks here that routinely respond to these types of requests.

Having said that, what work have you don't thus far on either of these problems?

Are you familiar with superposition and/or Thevenin equivalent networks?

ojeka

Joined Jul 5, 2012
This should really have been posted in the Homework Help forum -- it would have gotten quite a few more looks by the handful of folks here that routinely respond to these types of requests.

Having said that, what work have you don't thus far on either of these problems?

Are you familiar with superposition and/or Thevenin equivalent networks?
the truth is that i dont hav any ideals about this questions i was taught some thing simpler than this but the lecturer gave this assignment to be summited on exams day which is soonest.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
sir, there not circuit diagram for this questions
Then draw one! It doesn't have to be fancy. For instance, for the first question, see the attached file '2batt.png'.

the truth is that i dont hav any ideals about this questions i was taught some thing simpler than this but the lecturer gave this assignment to be summited on exams day which is soonest.
It's very difficult to give any kind of explanation without either seeing how you are approaching the problem or having any idea about what techniques you are familiar with.

Both problems are readily solved using KVL and KCL.

For the first one:

Q1) What is Ic in terms of Ia and Ib?

Q2) What is Vd in terms of the battery voltage and current for Battery A?

Q3) What is Vd in terms of the battery voltage and current for Battery B?

Q4) What is Vd in terms of the battery voltage and current for the load resistor?

Q5) What do you know about all of the answers to Q2, Q3, and Q4 relative to each other?

Attachments

ojeka

Joined Jul 5, 2012
Then draw one! It doesn't have to be fancy. For instance, for the first question, see the attached file '2batt.png'.

It's very difficult to give any kind of explanation without either seeing how you are approaching the problem or having any idea about what techniques you are familiar with.

Both problems are readily solved using KVL and KCL.

For the first one:

Q1) What is Ic in terms of Ia and Ib?

Q2) What is Vd in terms of the battery voltage and current for Battery A?

Q3) What is Vd in terms of the battery voltage and current for Battery B?

Q4) What is Vd in terms of the battery voltage and current for the load resistor?

Q5) What do you know about all of the answers to Q2, Q3, and Q4 relative to each other?
sir, i am writing exams current and the question was given in substitution to the failed test, i always go to cafe to get online that is why my response is poor, your diagram seems right. i will download it for analysis altogether you can go ahead and help me solve them.

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.