Neodymium magnets???

alsports2000

Joined Oct 19, 2009
Greetings from a newbie. I have a couple of questions about neodymium magnets. Is there a safe way to make one stronger??. I understand that magnets have a force field but is there a way to direct the force field only in one direction??. I've read about ferrite and would like to know if connecting a AA/AAA battery to a ferrite and a small neodymium magnet would that make an electromagnet?? I hope I am not confusing anyone already. Thanks ahead of time for any and all responses. AL. :confused:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
If anyone ever did figure out how to make a directional straight line magnetic field they'd be rich, there are huge numbers of commercial applications. I suspect it is possible, but no one knows how. Monopoles come to mind for example, but while there are strong hints that we've finally discovered them, they tend to be locked down in molicules. No bare monopoles yet.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Perhaps, but SciFi already has a name for a coherent columnated magnetic field, its called a tractor beam.

Still no free energy though, you run smack into the 3 Laws of Motion, as you pull something towards you it pulls you to it.

Another aspect of the Laws of Thermodynamics that isn't often discussed (although perhaps cussed), is the idea of equilibrium. You have a system of magnets, you can bet things will balance out somewhere.

alsports2000

Joined Oct 19, 2009
Thank so much for responding to my questions about neodymium magnets. You are very knowledgeable and I feel humbled by your understanding of the subject. I read the info on the link that you listed with the response to my question. Thanks again. AL.