Needham's Electronics EMP-10

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by hewitt246, Oct 1, 2009.

1. hewitt246

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Hi everyone, I have the above programmer. Since the company is out of business I'm having a hard time with trying to locate the software for it. I have found one site and it states that the programmer is for DOS. Is there possibly a way to run this programmer on Vista or XP? Thank You for the help.
  2. RiJoRI

Aug 15, 2007
    I Googled "Needham EMP10" and found:
    Go to the end of the page and you'll see:
    Install program for the EMP10 to EMP30: For Windows XP users
    (The part after the colon is blue on black; hard to see)
    If you click on "For Windows XP users", the ZIP'd files will download onto your computer.

3. rkikendall

Nov 24, 2009
    Just wondering if you had any luck finding the software for the EMP-10. The link in the last reply had software that only installed a .sys file in the windows directory. I was trying to install on a Windows XP Pro machine. Maybe that's the problem??? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks so much.

4. nethoncho

Dec 8, 2009
    I found what seems to be the last version of the Needhams softwre here.
    This is empw1_6.exeand covers the EMP 11, 20, 21, 30 and 31 as far as I can tell
    It is too bad they went out of business. I have enjoyed owning many of their products over the years.
    I may have an old copy for the EMP 10 floating around, but it is DOS based. I do not think there was a windows version of the software for the EMP 10
  5. PCrep

Dec 29, 2009