Needed help on pulsing leds circuit board

fumoon

Joined Nov 19, 2009
Hi experts,

I have a whole bunch of leds lights inside my car right now. And I want to be able to make them fading in and out like a breathing mode.(All in the same time)
I checked with my installer and he claims I have about 10W of leds inside.

Can anyone show me how to make a circuit board like that?

I was supposed to get the VARAD SL210....but seems like its 5V while my car's leds were 12V......that what my installer told me.

See if anyone of of you experts can help me...;)

thanks
Gabriel

Last edited:

fumoon

Joined Nov 19, 2009
Thanks for the quick response.

To be honest, all those leds I got are from Taiwan (no name brand....) I just called my installer again....and he said ....current is about 5A....total is 6W.....to be honest....I have no idea what he's talking about......:confused:

I think I have around 126 leds inside my car....some are singles some were in a light bar.....if that helps.

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
We've done it small scale here, but that many is going to require more oomph. What kind of electronics background do you have, and are you willing to experiment?

fumoon

Joined Nov 19, 2009
That shouldn't be a problem. My installer is pretty good at these things....it's just that I don't want to bother him too much, plus he might not have the time to make it for me.(I mean starting it from scratch)
But if you can get me a circuit layout then I can force him to build me one.

He has his own shop dealing with electric stuffs for cars. So I'm sure he can build me one if I can supply him all the info.

thanks alot....
Gabriel

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
When I said experiment I meant you build designs I haven't tested. I've built is small scale, and I have some ideas how to do the same thing big scale (like what you want), but you'll be the Guinna pig. Still interested?

fumoon

Joined Nov 19, 2009
I have no experience in these things at all. But if you can kindly give me the design I can ask my installer to look at it and see how it works. Like I said, he does a living by installing electrical stuffs on cars. The problem right now is that it's winter season now and he's too busy installing remote starters for customers all day long. But if I can give him the circuit design from you, then he can spare some time to check it out and then make one for me. I can send you the video on how it works afterwards.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
OK, here is how I would do it.

With a little modification, you could modulate the LEDs to music using Pin 8 of the LM339. C4 and C5 should be right off the power leads of the 556.

The LED array is a guess, the MOSFET will handle some respectable loads, yours included. Radio Shack sells one pretty cheaply, but it possible your installer has some on hand. They aren't critical.

I designed this to fade very slowly (one every 10 seconds approximately) to faster than the eye can see using R3.