Need your opinion

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by R!f@@, Jun 4, 2009.

1. R!f@@

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Ok Guys, Start cracking. Take a good look at the pick

[​IMG]

Tell me, is it an act of god or man made. :confused::confused:
    The traces below is a result of me getting ready to solder.
    These tracks are the USB port data pins, the ports are not working on this mobo. Checking led me here.

Please comment

Rifaa

2. ELECTRONERD

May 26, 2009
    Surface Mount Technology (SMT) parts is going to be virtually impossible to solder with. You'll need a VERY fine tip and thin solder. I would put a small amount of solder on your tip and then place your iron onto the traces.

Good luck!

3. hwy101

May 23, 2009
    I don't bother trying to bridge a trace even tho I have a fine tip on my Weller, sometimes it can be difficult if they are close together.
    I just solder a jumper wire from the start to the end of that broken trace.

4. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    SMD soldering is a piece of cake to me, since I have SMD equipment.
    The question is, is it natural or some one deliberately cut the track to earn a few bucks..

Rifaa

5. hwy101

May 23, 2009
    Does it look like there are sharp blade cuts on those traces?
    It's hard to see on those close up shots.
    Something heavy may have been dropped on that part of the MB

6. Zenock

Jun 1, 2009
    Deliberate or Accidental it looks like something hit and damaged the motherboard. The real question is when and how did it happen. Which I can't tell from the picture. I could even believe it came from the factory this way and worked for a while before giving out (from the picture which is kinda blurry a closer inspection might nullify that opinion).

In truth if I had to guess I would say something was dropped on it or it was in a stack of motherboard on the shelf and became damaged or something like that. I wouldn't ascribe the act to malace without cause.

Finally, how much is that motherboard worth anyway? I can't imagine it's worth enough to make damaging it and a persons credibility a worthwhile endeavor. Of course I can't imagine a value that would make damaging my credibility a worthwhile endeavor.

Z

7. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    Conclusion?

CPU was under warranty, but the company said blah blah and replaced the mobo charging more than U$200.00 and giving a warranty of 3 months.
    Now when the office ppl tried the USB port only one port seems to work, so went back for repair and now the company is saying, if 2 ports were damaged , it will covered under warranty but since 4 ports are damaged, they will charge like for a new board again and blah blah.......bullshit :mad:

Anyways I have fixed it, only a few soldering was done, nothing else.

Some companies policy against governments, so they can make money.
    This is what it is. Wait till I submit the report to the authorities. The company is going to have a field day at the court.

Rifaa

8. Zenock

Jun 1, 2009
    They probably pulled the mother board out of a pile of mother boards that had been replaced. Happens all the time, mother boards get replaced that don't need replaced. Someone goes through and checks em. Oh this one works, we'll resale it. Didn't bother checking USB ports.

Z