Need to have a motion sensor reconfigured

pbalien73

Joined Dec 13, 2008
I am working on a project that uses a pair of 6volt batteries (wires to create 12volts) to turn on a light. The problem is I am wiring illiterate and can't seem to find anyone locally to help. I purchased 3 sensors from Goldmine but don't have the knowledge to start hacking and soldering. I need the 12volt batteries to feed the IR Sensor and the main light (I haven't purchased yet possibly LED night light). One of the systems will also need to feed electricity to a small mechanical device. The point of the IR system is so I save on battery power, and function only when a person moves in front of the work. Seem simple but it isn't to novice like me. I am at a point where I would love to pay someone to take my parts and make them work, I'll send the sensors and lights. If anyone can help or would like to offer assistance please let me know. I could possibly do it here if someone is patient enought to walk me through it and tell me what kind of resistors, capacitors, etc... I would need. Thanks in advance.

pbalien73

Joined Dec 13, 2008
Have you soldered experimenter boards before? If so please post the part number of the IR detectors you have.
I have done a few small kit boards (for practice). I have 3 of the Quorum RR-150 Sensors. The board has a sticker aspir-131196. I can get pic tonight if needed. Thanks very much for your reply.

pbalien73

Joined Dec 13, 2008
Problem I have is that I need it to fit in a fairly tight space. The kits I have have all the parts I just don't know how to minimize the parts to wire it inline for my needs. Thanks for the link.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Can you give us a sketch of over head view of display area? Is there a wall within 20-30 ft in front of display? Is traffic one way?

pbalien73

Joined Dec 13, 2008
Wow, I ordered 3 of them. Sounds like just what I need. What should I connect the ground wire to? Thanks for the help.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Ground to negative side of battery. You may have this circuit hooked up, will stretch the 1/2 sec to about 20 sec. Not sure of new pulse amplitude.

Attachments

pbalien73

Joined Dec 13, 2008
Ground to negative side of battery. You may have this circuit hooked up, will stretch the 1/2 sec to about 20 sec. Not sure of new pulse amplitude.
Ok just got the ir sensors. I cant figure out what to hook up to what. It has V+ Ground and Out. I know the ground goes to the neg side of battery, but where do I attach both of the light leads to? I don't want to fry anything, just testing it out to see if they work.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Plus goes to +12V. Out can go to + side of meter. 'believe specs say that there is an output for every movement detected.

pbalien73

Joined Dec 13, 2008
Plus goes to +12V. Out can go to + side of meter. 'believe specs say that there is an output for every movement detected.
Ok I have ground ---- negative post
v+ -------- positive post

Now where does the light wire in? I tried every connection I could think of. What am I missing? What is this meter you speak of:)

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
I assumed that yoy had a multi-meter, analog, or digital. Measure "output lead to ground., should have a 5V pulse on movement.