need to add headphone jack to an LCD TV with NO outputs

JayArr

Joined Mar 11, 2013
I don't have any specs for you but I'll tell you that Digikey is a good supplier, they'll ship overnight to Toronto for only $8 shipping and they take care of customs and taxes. No surprises and no added costs. Check them out at www.digikey.ca.

Jeff

No I don't work for Digi, I just like their service. :D

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I did this with Radio Shack audio isolation transformers.
No promise that they are in the right impedance range.

I am also looking to do the same project since my TV has no audio outputs to speak of (neither optical, RCA, or stereo), apart from the internal speakers :) My TV type is the Samsung T22B300EW 22" LED HDTV, and has two 5W speakers. Each speaker has two wires going into it, and seem to go into a connector of four wires. Do I also need audio isolation transformers? I'm not sure what the power supply type is, but it's on a separate board next to the main board where video signals are dealt with and so on.

Last edited:

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
P.S.: No I cannot use another TV - this one is unique because it plays movies from a USB key and is 25" in size. Any other model that can play from USB is 40" and larger and that's too big for where it is going to live.
Just thought I'd let you know that my TV has both USB flash drive playback and a headphone socket. It's only 19 inches, but there may be 25 inch models out there.
http://www.sharp.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/gb/hs.xsl/-/html/product-details.htm?product=LC19LE510K

Jn3va

Joined Jan 16, 2014
I also want to add external speakers but I am OK using all 4 wires (eg putting either 2 jacks or some type of 4-pin connector). I'd run these to external speakers each with 2 wires. Basically all I am trying to do is get the speakers some distance from the TV (ceiling mounted in a bathroom). The TV is an LG model 24LN451B. It has an external power brick. If the power pack is external does that make a difference? Does that output dc to the TV? Isn't still best to add the audio isolation transformer?

Thanks!!