need the help in hardware for solar MPPT using perturb and observe

sudheer9133

Joined May 19, 2011
hi

im doing the project on MPPT for solar cells using perturb and observe method . in this im using the 12v solapanel and it has 0.4 amp current . i m boosting the voltage to 24 v . i had taken the 30mh inductor and 0.01 pf capacitor and the mosfetswitch which is controlled by the PIC 18F2550 micro controller. i want to control the switching by duty cycle.

im not geting the 24v at the output....im very poor in constructing the hardware.can anyone help me plz...ur help will be apprreciated....

thank you

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Without your schematic and source code being posted, we won't be of much help - just a lot of guessing.

However, 30mh is a VERY large inductor, and 0.01pF is less capacitance than you would get with typical parasitic capacitance - it's really too small of a value to measure without an expensive material analyzer ($15,000 - $30,000 USD).

Posting inaccurate values will not help either.

sudheer9133

Joined May 19, 2011
hi
thanks a lot for ur reply...i dont know how to calculate and which values for the components is use for my circuit ...can you please help me how to calculate the component values for the desired output for my project....below is my project diagram and suggest me with your tips

thank you..

Attachments