Need some inputs on DC/DC converter

Hariharan Gunasekar

Joined Sep 20, 2016
Hey guys,

I was trying to design a non-inverting buck-boost converter to convert vmin 20v & vmax 30v to vout1 28v and vout2 50v. So basically i need two output voltages of 28v and 50v from this range of input. While i was looking online for any ic's to help out with this I couldn't find any. I need some help regarding making a circuit like this without a micro controller.

Thanks a lot :)

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Hey guys,

I was trying to design a non-inverting buck-boost converter to convert vmin 20v & vmax 30v to vout1 28v and vout2 50v. So basically i need two output voltages of 28v and 50v from this range of input. While i was looking online for any ic's to help out with this I couldn't find any. I need some help regarding making a circuit like this without a micro controller.

Have a look at Web Bench from TI.
http://www.ti.com/lsds/ti/analog/webench/power.page
I plugged in your numbers with 1/2 amp output and came up with a 2 chip solution:
LM3488 and LM25118.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hey guys,

Making an SMPS is not as simple as choosing a chip. What is difficult is selecting the right magnetics, the right capacitors, and understanding that PCB layout will likely make or break your design. You've given us the voltages, but you need more. You need to start with the required power output and an expectation for the efficiency you require.