need some help

j taylor

Joined Nov 4, 2012
Hi everyone i would really apreciate some help with this circuit the problem i am having is that i carn't get the voltage i need from pin three on the 555 it will only go down to 0.52v when the pot is at min if i change the resistors then it goes to high at the other end over 1.24v has anyone any ideas on how to do this the scematic i have attached is the circuit i am using .

Attachments

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Why would you have the wiper of the pot connected to the out-put? That's where the 0.52V is coming from. Rewire the pot correctly.

j taylor

Joined Nov 4, 2012
Hi Shortbus and thanks for taking the time to look at my scematic i have the pot connected like this to vary the out put with the pot, the circuit works in part the only problem i am having is that it won't go down beond 0.52 and what i want it to do is go to 0.3v and up to 1.25v by varying the pot

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
That won't happen.:) You will need a second pot on the out put. The pot you have is just for the timing of the 555.

tubeguy

Joined Nov 3, 2012
What are you using/needing the variable voltage for?
Normally to provide a variable DC voltage using PWM you have a low-pass filter at the output.
As-is the measurement will depend a bit on the meter you are using.

tubeguy

Joined Nov 3, 2012
Besides the voltage, what is the current requirement or input resistance of the control pin.
You might need a simpler circuit maybe even just a pot or a pot with a voltage follower - emitter follower transistor.