Need some help with RF module

elamigo

Joined May 7, 2012
Hello,
I am new in Radio and Communications. I am trying to established a RF link. But I am not getting what's the problem with my circuit. I have tried this one http://maxembedded.wordpress.com/201...rocontrollers/. The circuit is working fine without the modules when I was connecting the Data In and Data Out pins directly with a wire and it worked perfectly. But when I was connecting the modules it was not working. I have approx. 10 inch long antenna with each of them. And my rx contains a CE pin next to DATA pin which I have never seen before. I am not getting what to do with that. please help me.
Thank you

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
If you have a CE pin than apparently you don't have the RF-modules you linked to.

We need to know what module exactly you bought and if you have the datasheet/spec sheet post it too.

Post a picture of your setup. Is it on a breadboard?

What is the baudrate of your communication? Does the RF-module support it?

Another problem may be the frequency being used, there may be many other devices using the same frequencyband.

elamigo

Joined May 7, 2012
If you have a CE pin than apparently you don't have the RF-modules you linked to.

We need to know what module exactly you bought and if you have the datasheet/spec sheet post it too.

Another problem may be the frequency being used, there may be many other devices using the same frequencyband.
my rx looks like the same as the yellow one given here. http://ashishrd.blogspot.in/2011/05/...-wireless.html. I have tried the CE pin unconnected as stated in this blog. But it didn't work. I also got the number written on my rx . It's KST-RX820 and tx is KST-TX01c. Plz tell me what should I do ?????????

elamigo

Joined May 7, 2012

I got it from a local store. It's cost about INR. 300. so i will post the picture of my module tomorrow. plz suggest me what should i do ....

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
my rx looks like the same as the yellow one given here. http://ashishrd.blogspot.in/2011/05/...-wireless.html. I have tried the CE pin unconnected as stated in this blog. But it didn't work. I also got the number written on my rx . It's KST-RX820 and tx is KST-TX01c. Plz tell me what should I do ?????????
This receiver module is a two-way module, i.e. it can send and receive. I assume the CE pin to be an input pin that determines in which mode it works.

I would try to connect this pin via a 10k resistor to ground or 5V and test it again.

You didn't answer any of my other questions from the other post.

elamigo

Joined May 7, 2012
This receiver module is a two-way module, i.e. it can send and receive. I assume the CE pin to be an input pin that determines in which mode it works.

I would try to connect this pin via a 10k resistor to ground or 5V and test it again.

You didn't answer any of my other questions from the other post.
Hey, sorry for not giving the answers. Actually I don't have any data sheet or any other information about this module. I bought it from a local store and it cosed about 4 USD.
I am trying in your way. I will post the result soon.

elamigo

Joined May 7, 2012
Hey, sorry for not giving the answers. Actually I don't have any data sheet or any other information about this module. I bought it from a local store and it cosed about 4 USD.
I am trying in your way. I will post the result soon.
Hey I tried in your way but with a 15k resistor but none of the configuration (GND with 15k then 5V with 15k) worked.

elamigo

Joined May 7, 2012
hey man still it's not working. does anybody has any other idea to make it work? And can anyone tell me how to check the modules r good not not. plz help !!!