Need some help with Orcad Layout

gusmas

Joined Sep 27, 2008
hey i need some help with orcad layout, i will briefly exlpain my current problem. When i am done placing all the footprints of the components then i go to autoroute and it routes all the tracks for my circuit. I am using a single layer pcb, now when autoute is done some of the tracks run over the footprint of certian components like in figure 1, is there no setting in orcad that can prevent this "problem". Figure 2 is how i actually want it.

Because when i solder and the tracks run to close to the pad , it will be extremely difficult to solder and not let any solder run onto the tracks surrounding it.

Attachments

Duane P Wetick

Joined Apr 23, 2009
It looks like your minimum circuit line width and minimum width between lines is not set correctly. Adjust the minimum width(s) and you will solve the problem.

Cheers, DPW [There is no computerized explorer in the world with more than a tiny fraction of the power contained in the chemical analog computer known as the human brain, whose reproduction is easily accomplished by un-skilled labor. WVB]