Need some help with 89c2051 ans 89s2051

tkostelac

Joined May 19, 2009
Hey guys, great forum

Anyway,

I want to build a 89cXXXX Atmel series programmer. But all of the schematics that I've seen contain a pre-programmed 89c2051 to run on the board and to program the other microcontroller. So I was wondering, if I would build an ISP programmer, programmed an 89S2051 instead of the 89C2051 with the EXACT code that goes in the original microcontroller, would that work the same or will it screw some things up?

I apprechiate any feedback given.
Thank you in advance.

tkostelac

Joined May 19, 2009
so much for help from you guys... I mean really, everybody got a reply to their question and yet my post has been here for 5 days and not even a single reply.... who does a guy have to reprogram here to get an answer?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Sorry - this is not a chat room, and it is possible that nobody can answer your question. Have you thout of posting the question to AVR Freaks?

tkostelac

Joined May 19, 2009
Well at least some response would be appreciated like the one that nobody seams to know or that it is very hard to tell... etc...

I was thinking on asking on AVR freaks but i still haven't got the time to do so because i have other obligations... i merely pass here to check if there is an answer...

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Sorry - this is not a chat room, and it is possible that nobody can answer your question. Have you thout of posting the question to AVR Freaks?
Ahhh...It's not an AVR so why would the OP have any greater expectation of help from folks who abandoned the 8051 long time ago?

If you can find the programming specification for the part you might have a chance of solving the problem by some other means. How you might go about that depends on your resourcefulness. There are some Atmel 8051 parts with serial bootloaders like the AT89C51CC01, or the AT89C51ED2. Those pacages might not be suitable for your purposes. The programming software is free, and its called FLIP.

The advantage here is that you don't need a separate programmer. You just put a blank part on the board and program it from a PC serial port or USB to serial converter.