need some assistance with PSpiceTemplate

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Sonoma_Dog, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Sonoma_Dog

Thread Starter Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    I finally installed the student version of Orcad capture lite edition Pspice, This is the first time i use any of these simulation program, I spent an hour to build this circuit and it gave me this error (shown in picture) when i try to do the simulation it.

I am thinking is because the PSIPCE i have is a lite edition, so i dont have any of these libraries. The questions i have is, where to get the libraries and how to load it into the pspice?

Thanks!

• 12.JPG
      12.JPG
      File size:
      74.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Ron H

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 14, 2005
    Perhaps you should try LTspice. It is free, uncastrated, and you can add models from other manufacturers, create your own symbols, etc. There is also an active Yahoo users' group.

3. Sonoma_Dog

Jul 24, 2008
    Is LTspice a freeware? I will definitely spend some time looking over LTspice.

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  4. Ron H

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 14, 2005
    Read my lips!:D

5. Ron H

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 14, 2005
    LTspice has a ua741 symbol (with associated model) in its library.

If you really want LM741, do a Google search for "LM741 spice". Paste the model into Notepad and save it to C:/program files/LTC/swcadiii/lib/sub/LM741.mod. Alternately, go to the National amplifier spice model page and download LM741.mod.
    In an LTspice schematic window, place an opamp2 symbol. Right-click on the symbol, bringing up the Component Attribute Editor. Change value=opamp2 to LM741.
    Next, click on the .op icon at the extreme right end of the toolbar. Type in .lib LM741.mod in the window, and click OK. Place the directive on the schematic. You are now ready to finish your schematic and simulate it.

6. Sonoma_Dog

Jul 24, 2008
    Ron H

So the manufacturer will always provide the spice model for the components they made?

Thanks

7. Ron H

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 14, 2005
    Not always. You have to go to their web site and check.

8. priyadharshinishiva

Jan 19, 2009
    pls tell me wat to enter in the pspice template field...i created my own part...n de in built spark gap model in cadense also says warnin...no pspice template for spark gap..