Need slip ring assembly

Joined Nov 30, 2010
By clicking on "ratroo" you can find that he/she only made one post, over 2 years ago, and is probably not watching to answer your question.

However, someone else might have learned more about this in the last 2 years and might answer you. Meanwhile, volts, amps, rpm would be helpful in getting an answer.

Jotto

Joined Apr 1, 2011
You might check with some radar manufacturers or military surplus, these were often used to convey power to magnetrons in airborned radars.

Was my thought also, check to see if you can find an APN-59 antenna. They are old, still used but might be available. I know I got a few parts from Davis Monthon (sp?) Tucson Az when I was there from some old aircraft. They also have a salvage yard right outside the base there.

Its one of the airplane graveyards.

The slip ring assembly is not used for the magnetrons, its for rotation of the antenna. Magnetrons use waveguides. Now the portion that is used get the power to the antenna is a circular waveguide.

Jefferson

Joined Jun 21, 2011
By clicking on "ratroo" you can find that he/she only made one post, over 2 years ago, and is probably not watching to answer your question.

However, someone else might have learned more about this in the last 2 years and might answer you. Meanwhile, volts, amps, rpm would be helpful in getting an answer.
Thanks #12, I did notice that, but I was hoping he might still have update notification set for this thread and get an email. I couldn't find a way to send a direct msg. I am looking for a slip ring with >1.5" through bore to supply power on a 360º free-spinning TV stand. I know some of the larger screens can use 400-500W, so I was looking for something rated 800-1000W just to have plenty of margin.

So: 110v, 500+W and 0-10(?)rpm

Last edited:

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
I Googled it and came up with several commercial makers and an interesting construction article using plastic plumbing parts.

PackratKing

Joined Jul 13, 2008
What are the parameters.........this sounds like a packrat machine-shop project.....:D.....not necessarily me, tho' I live for these challenges......... lots of really talented people on these forums.

Last edited: