need simple , low cost mw generator circuit

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by gopi_electron, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gopi_electron

    Thread Starter New Member

    Feb 1, 2008
    9
    0
    dears ,

    pl help me by giving simple , low cost microwave generator circuit
    in the manner to construct the same by locally (non special ) available components

    thanks,
    gopi_e-
     
  2. wayneh

    Expert

    Sep 9, 2010
    12,156
    3,063
    Why not just go to a garage sale and buy an old microwave oven? Practically free, and ready to go.
     
    gopi_electron likes this.
  3. SgtWookie

    Expert

    Jul 17, 2007
    22,182
    1,728
    Most consumer microwave ovens exceed 800 Watts of power. Exposure to radiation from a microwave oven's tube that has been removed from the protection of the enclosure will result in burns, unconsciousness and death.

    DO NOT attempt to convert a microwave oven into a transmitter. Without years of specialized training, access to a well-equipped laboratory with very expensive equipment, and a well-thought-out plan, you will certainly meet with disaster.

    Wayneh, please never make such extremely hazardous recommendations again.

    Achieving microwave frequencies (GHz range) is not an easy task, even for experienced hobbyists. When you get into the GHz range, device parasitics that were negligible at low frequencies become quite prominent. Even at lower frequencies, a multilayer ceramic SMT/SMD capacitor that measures 47pF in the kHz range might measure 150pF at 500MHz - and that's nowhere near microwave frequencies. When working in the GHz range, you need a network analyzer - at least spectrum analyzer - to see what the circuit is actually doing. A simple oscilloscope is basically worthless at those frequencies.

    You have a great deal of research to do.
     
    gopi_electron likes this.
  4. bertus

    Administrator

    Apr 5, 2008
    15,649
    2,348
    Hello,

    Micro wave signals, even at low power, can give burns underneath the skin.
    Never try to use them.

    Bertus
     
    gopi_electron likes this.
Loading...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.