Need schematics for repeat cycler timer.

kizzle813

Joined Nov 11, 2013
I need a timer that I can plug into my home outlet (ac-120v). I need the on cycle to be adjustable between 30 seconds to 120 seconds, and also an adjustable interval between the on/off cycle between 5-30 min if i wider range is applicable and information/schematics.

(Digital schematics would be a plus and does not need to be a high amp rating 5 amp max)

below i have a link of what im looking for.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...8192&item=251404498192&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Do you already have tools and experience? If not, you'll likely spend more money and time to make your own than just buying a commercial unit. Don't forget, you want it to be safe and include fuses, switches and so forth.

If you want to tackle this yourself, look into 555 timer circuits such as the "one shot" or astable circuit. Among other things, you'll need a DC power supply (like a wall wart, with regulation) for your circuit, and a relay, if you want to switch an AC appliance.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Sounds like it's in the CD4017 or CD4020 family.
LM555 for the first stage.
or a microprocessor.
end with a MOC3031 and a triac.
Several people here could have that designed and polished in half a day, but most of us volunteers don't want to spend half a day designing something you can buy for (usually) less than the price you will spend on the parts.