Need resources to learn RF communication circuits.....

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by firebreather, Jan 12, 2015.

1. firebreather

Thread Starter New Member

May 27, 2013
    Hello everyone, I'm a B.Tech student and am well versed in analog circuits at low frequencies like BJTs, FETs and op-amps and know very well the theoretical part of analog communication as AM,FM,etc.
    Know I want to link these two and make some circuits that would allow me to transmit & receive radio waves,analyse them ,etc. I searched everywhere on the net to find some textbooks ,but what I got was books that covered theoretical concepts for ten pages and one or two circuits for implementation,explained for barely half a page.
    I want to learn RF circuits from beginning,relate them to ordinary amplifier ciruits for low frequencies and their drawbacks,various configurations possible for a single purpose,pros and cons of each and lots of solved and unsolved problems with examples,etc.

Are there books/pages/tutorials aywhere ? please help me, as this course is not being(will never be ) covered at my university.

2. MikeML

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 2, 2009
    Get a Ham license and build your own antennas, transmitters and receivers...

3. firebreather

Thread Starter New Member

May 27, 2013
    any solutions , anyone ?

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    I've never seen an AARL Handbook, but I hear they tell all about making radios and antennas.

5. MikeML

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 2, 2009
    It is the ARRL Handbook. I have been a member for ~fifty years.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Misspelling the name of the book is merely proof that I've never seen one. :p

7. MikeML

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 2, 2009
    I thought maybe you were looking for the AARP handbook. I qualify.

#12 likes this.
  8. darrough

Jan 18, 2015
    Build Your Own Transistor Radios by Ronald Quan has a lot of projects and theoretical explanations. It was too tough for me, but I had very little electronics knowledge at the time. It is on Amazon.com. Read the reviews on that site to decide if it for you.