Need power adapter

TomO2

Joined Jan 26, 2015
Having a power supply with a higher current rating will not cause the motor not to work... Are you sure that the PS that you are using is AC? The lamp will work with DC or AC, but the motor requires AC. BTY... I'm located in Phoenixville... If that's anywhere close to you.

Gdrumm

Joined Aug 29, 2008
I love reading these threads.
So many good links and tips.

I would vote with Max, to check the gears.
They are usually plastic, and can fail from old age (like me).

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
I love reading these threads.
So many good links and tips.

I would vote with Max, to check the gears.
They are usually plastic, and can fail from old age (like me).
All the ones I've seen were a synchronous motor driving a fully encased gearbox of the same pattern as used in timer switches.

These were the usual in the old style barrel-switches in washing machines - the motor and gears *ALWAYS* outlive the switch contacts.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
All the ones I've seen were a synchronous motor driving a fully encased gearbox of the same pattern as used in timer switches.

These were the usual in the old style barrel-switches in washing machines - the motor and gears *ALWAYS* outlive the switch contacts.
I just replaced one on my sons dryer, they are usually either 120v or 240v motors, in his case the motor had failed, ( seized up).
I had a spare motor, but I haven't opened the old motor up to see the cause yet.
Max.