Need MM5382N datasheet

CollieJim

Joined Nov 27, 2004
I've looked in the recommended sites and come up with a blank. I looked at the National Semiconductor site but could not find any link to datasheets or application notes, etc.

The MM5382N is a clock-calendar chip, probably of late 1980's vintage. I've just assembled a kit using the chip, but there were no instructions for the use of the kit, once assembled.

All I get from Google is sites reporting they cannot find what I'm looking for (*very annoying*) or sites selling the part, but no data.

Any help either with a datasheet or instructions on the chip's use would be appreciated.

TIA
Jim

I've looked in the recommended sites and come up with a blank. I looked at the National Semiconductor site but could not find any link to datasheets or application notes, etc.

The MM5382N is a clock-calendar chip, probably of late 1980's vintage. I've just assembled a kit using the chip, but there were no instructions for the use of the kit, once assembled.

All I get from Google is sites reporting they cannot find what I'm looking for (*very annoying*) or sites selling the part, but no data.

Any help either with a datasheet or instructions on the chip's use would be appreciated.

TIA
Jim
I know I am replying six years after your post, but I remember that chip. I remember interfacing it to a TRS80! I wonder if I still have it somewhere? Anyways, the data sheet is available online but you need to search for MSM5832 or MSM5832RS. Jameco and others still have it online e.g., ftp://ftp.jameco.com/archive/Obsolete-TechDocuments/26606.pdf

As I recall, the time would freeze for me and I could never get the battery backup to work. Eventually I went with another chip, MM58167. WoW a blast from the past for sure.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015

TIA
Jim

Attachments

Yeah hp1729, that's likely the one that he was looking for - the one I was talking about is too new :) (and doesn't have 40 pins like he said). I was just overcome with nostalgia I guess.