Need list of components used in the timer circuit

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Hi crazycolour, welcome to AAC!

All of those components should have markings on them telling you exactly what they are. Resistors have the colored stripes that denote their resistance (see http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_5/chpt_2/1.html ), capacitors generally tell you exactly what their capacitance and voltage ratings are, and transistors have part numbers. Furthermore, I see a relay, some diodes, an LED, some potentiometers (variable resistors), and of course the 4060 ICs. All of them have numbers on them that should tell you what they are.

Regards,
Matt

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't realize you were just going by the picture. I thought this was something you already had. Anyway, why not use a simple 555 timer? Much simpler and it uses fewer components:

The values of R1, R2, and C1 determine the time delays. You can replace R2 with a potentiometer to adjust the timing manually. If you don't want it to turn on and off and back on again, then you can wire it up for monostable operation:

Circuit+Diagram+of+Monostable+Multivibrator.jpg

That stays on for a time determined by R1 and C1 and then shuts off, and will not re-trigger until you tell it to (with a pushbutton, for example).

Last edited:

crazycolour

Joined Sep 18, 2014
All true, but the original device appears made to switch a 220V AC load with up to 3 hours of timing. Not quite the same thing.
Yes Wayneh you are right. I want to switch on/off a 220v AC load a and timing between 2 minute to 2 hours.

Thanks DerStrom8, but i want to know what is the capacitors capacitance & voltage rating (part number )and the diodes part number, what is the relay part number & so on.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
All true, but the original device appears made to switch a 220V AC load with up to 3 hours of timing. Not quite the same thing.
The timing circuit does the exact same thing. All you need to do is connect the relay to switch based on the output of the 555 timer, rather than the 4060. And 555 timers can time through hours. You just need a large capacitor and a high resistance.

crazycolour

Joined Sep 18, 2014
Hi all thanks for your information.

please find the attached latest files which i have found in the internet.

let me know if i have missed any other components

component Names Nos
Resistor 5 K 2
Resistor 500 ohms 1
Resistor 10 K 1
Resistor 470 K 2
Resistor 3k 1
VR 500k 2
capacitor 22uf 5
IC 4060 2
Relay 12 V 1
transistor c9012 1
LED 1

Attachments

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

To me the difference between J1 and J2 is an other counter output.
It is the selection between Q8 and Q14 of the counter:

This will change the timing dramaticaly.

Bertus

Attachments