Need Ideas on Undergraduate Thesis

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by beni, Mar 28, 2009.

1. beni

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 23, 2009
    I'm taking up electronics and communications engineering; I've been thinking about this for months now and all I could say is that I'm stuck!!!:( I just can't come up with a decent idea for a thesis. So far, here's what I've come up with:

• LED Classroom lighting

• wireless headphone using bluetooth technology (or other wireless technology) (I think this one is already old news)

• wireless printer using bluetooth technology (or other wireless technology)

• wireless projector using bluetooth technology (or other wireless technology)
    It doesn't need to be grand or anything like that.
    Something that is a low profile yet have a high impact. Maybe something to do with the environment.:confused: Anything really!!! Just to refresh the mind, a breath of fresh air.

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Just from an earlier experience - come up with an inexpensive means to set up weather stations with the school's computer system.

I worked for a university shop that set up a remote weather station in an ag experiment field inside the city limits. When we put the system on the university site, it typically got over 200,000 hits/month. Instead of seeing what the weather guessers think is going on, you can actually see what the weather really is doing nearby.

It is a valuable service to the community.
  3. PRS

Aug 24, 2008
    Here's a digital design problem I've been wondering about: Set up a traffic light controller for an entire city that coordinates lights so that people doing the speed limit don't get stuck at light after light.