need HI-TECH compiler 16F

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by ect_09, Sep 30, 2014.

1. ect_09

Thread Starter Member

May 6, 2012
    can you please give me link for Hi-TECH 16F to download???
    i tried but didnt get yet..

2. DNA Robotics

Jun 13, 2014
    Search for <SNIP> They wouldn't let me upload it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
  3. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

I have searched the internet for the file and it leads me to some cracks.
    As we do not allow ANY kind of ILLEGAL software use, I removed the name from your post.

Bertus

4. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    The website just redirects to Microchip's site - it doesn't seem to be offered anymore.

Why do you even want to use the Hi-Tech compiler? It's been absorbed into the XC8 compiler for the most part.

5. DNA Robotics

Jun 13, 2014
    Many years ago I was writing a program that needed a multi-megabyte data array in memory. I Got Borland C++ and it wouldn’t let me do flat model memory. Then I bought Visual C++ that would. I learned enough of Visual C++ to do what I wanted but there are a lot of things about using it for Windows programs that I still don’t know. To use Borland code in Visual C++ you have to know both programs to know what is compatible and what isn’t. I wasn’t going to learn both and be confused.

I have some tricky programs and a good library of functions in Hi-Tech C. Why would I want to learn the XC8 compiler or CCS or anything else, just because they keep changing it?

6. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    The compilers are constantly improving and getting better - why wouldn't you want to use better software?

The differences are minute and in the time you've spent looking for the old one, you could be up to speed with the new one.

That's the problem with relying on vendor-specific functions. Write your own and you don't have to worry about it.

7. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    Ahhh... seems Microchip still has Hi Tech C in their archive downloads,sorry I cannot link to it directly.

Microchip Archives

Look for download archive tab, then search for Hi-Tech. It IS there.

8. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012