Need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by 06awaism, Feb 26, 2013.

1. 06awaism

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Hello there. rather than writing my question out, I have made a video instead with my circuit in simulation. So that it provides more details to you. Please do bare in mind that the SPDT switch which I am showing you in the video only makes a connection once like the RESET (Push to make switch) shown in the video. The D2 component is the Thyristor (SCR) which has 3 pin outs, anode, cathode and gate.

Please watch this video before you read further on this thread as this video contains my explained question.

So:-

The junction on the R is pressed making the connection only once which triggers the RED lights and they stay on whereas the buzzer only stays on for 3 seconds. And when the function is on the G making the connection only once, only the green lights stay on but the buzzer only stays on for 3 seconds. SW1 RESET switch will turn off the lights once they are on (whether if they are green or red)

Thank You!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  2. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    With a title like that, you'll be lucky if you get any help. Thread titles should be descriptive of the problem. I usually just skip over the ones with demanding titles, like yours.

3. BillB3857

Feb 28, 2009
    I looked at the video and really don't understand the question. Anybody that can design the circuit shown should be able to select red or green with a switch. What am I missing?

4. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    Do you have a sticky "1" key? :rolleyes:

5. 06awaism

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Accept my apologies everybody. I am going to my college now but when I come back, I will post a new thread with better qualitative description of my problem and a better title. Sorry again.

6. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    No need to start a new thread, just remember for the next time you post ;)

Apology accepted. Good luck with your project!

7. SPQR

Nov 4, 2011
    So you just want to either have red or green lights in the circuit, not both?

So you just just hook up the center pole of the SPDT switch to the right of R2, and then the red or green LEDs to either side of the other terminals, connecting the cathodes of the LED series together.

I think I'm missing something.