Need help

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by cpaige, Aug 8, 2012.

1. cpaige

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 8, 2012
    I’m using a 315 Mhz, 12 channel wireless remote and relay control to operate some 12 vdc motors. It energizes the relays to turn power on the system, choose motor direction and start the reversible motors. Every thing works well but I need positive feedback to prove the motors and relays are in fact on or off and I need to figure out how to put Led’s on the remote and light them up and stay on as long as the relays and motors are energized. What is a simple way to do this?

2. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    You'll need to replace the 315MHz remote with a transceiver, with another transceiver at the relays motors.

How else would you get that information back to the remote?

3. cpaige

Aug 8, 2012
    Thank you Sgt, yeah I think add the transeivers rather than replace the remote. But I have little knowlege how. I need a sketch and what parts I need. I've not done much in wireless, I'm a retired Inst tech.

4. praondevou

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 9, 2011
    How many feedback channels do you need? 12 too? You could keep what you have and just by another transmitter and receiver with the number of channels you need.

What model are you using right now? Can you post a picture of the remote?
    What sensors will you be using on the motor side? How will you recognize that the motor is really turning?

5. cpaige

Aug 8, 2012
    [​IMG]

6. cpaige

Aug 8, 2012
    I will only need to use 6 feedback points. The relay mode will be the on-off sensor.

7. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

Do you have more details on the remote?
    How many signals do you want to have returned?
    It can not be incorporated into the remote itself.
    You will need a separate transmitter and a separate receiver.

Bertus

PS Don't use your email-adresses as user name.

8. cpaige

Aug 8, 2012
    I'd like to change the user name but who do I contact?

9. cpaige

Aug 8, 2012
    Hi Bertus I need to return 6 signals. What separate transmitter and a separate receiver would you recomend? How does one set them up? A simple sketch maybe?