Need help!

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
See the Picture. What is it.

I need to know what it does and how I can buy it. This is something interesting to u guys too. But first pour down everything abt the chip

chrisw1990

Joined Oct 22, 2011
ok, its an atmel chip.. but, from the datasheet of the eeprom im using the package top info doesnt seem to resemble any thing compared to the chip name..
so youll have to either contact them.. or figure it out from wherever you got it..
so where did you get it?:D

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I cannot give out the source cause this has dollar value..
All I can say is it came from a Sat box.
I swapped tht little bugger and the receiver starts to work, so I am on break through again.

I am too having a hard time figuring it out.

Do we need to talk about my findings to figure out this bugger.

Last edited:

chrisw1990

Joined Oct 22, 2011
well.. 'tween you n me.. i bet its an eeprom.. and i bet it has some secret black magic written on it which inhibits the box working..
then again, my just be some programming, not so much magicc..
<edit>
and no you dont need to give out your source.. its not gonna help lol
just contact atmel.. be like "oh i found this component, what is it please?" Texas instruments told me off for doing that.. "this isnt the email for these matters, i will close this issue, the chip is this goodbye" so i sent back "well if you labelled your chips correctly i wouldnt have this problem " w***ers

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
As already suggested, I too suspect this an ATMEL EEPROM chip that stores security codes on a sat descrambler. Having a blank chip alone will not help. You still need to know what info to program into the chip.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
This thing does not stores any codes.
It stores everything I think.

Is it possible to copy this one?

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
OK ...careful study of the data proved that this is an Atmel AT25320B-SSHL chip.

Any one care to explain me any details of programming this.

I got 2 corrupt chips and 1 working one.

Any one care to work with me on this. The datasheet provided above says data can be read.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
How do you know that the 2 corrupt chips are truly bad.
Perhaps they were reprogrammed with new security codes that don't work in that descrambler.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
It is an EEPROM. So it should be possible to read out the content. By the way I think you are wrong about the chip type. Your chip is the AT24C256B 256K (32,768 x 8). Due to the 2EB on the 8-SOIC on the picture you posted.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I can't post my findings in an open forum.
If any one wanna know, you have to chat with me. I am happy to tell any member here what this is all about.

I know for sure that chips are bad cause I desoldered and soldered them swapping each other to the box

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
It is an EEPROM. So it should be possible to read out the content. By the way I think you are wrong about the chip type. Your chip is the AT24C256B 256K (32,768 x 8). Due to the 2EB on the 8-SOIC on the picture you posted.
Are u sure on this ?

Check page 14 of the attached. the first chip marking and tell me I am wrong abt my assumption.

Attachments