Need Help

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
It is not a good idea to address a specific individual in a thread, as that may discourage other knowledgeable people from replying.

If you wish to change the topic significantly from the original question, you are much better off to start a new thread with a more appropriate title. Otherwise, the thread can quickly become confused.

Jure George

Joined Dec 28, 2008
It is not a good idea to address a specific individual in a thread, as that may discourage other knowledgeable people from replying.

If you wish to change the topic significantly from the original question, you are much better off to start a new thread with a more appropriate title. Otherwise, the thread can quickly become confused.
Sgt Wookie You are right ! Please excuse my ignorance.

Yes this is a new topic, I should have posted it as such.

Please look at my New post for " Steering Circuit "

I hope you will excuse my poor posting technique.

George

Jure George

Joined Dec 28, 2008
Hello to All

I am looking for a circuit that can be built by anyone using standard I.C and Transistors, resistors,capacitors etc.

I am involved with R.C Submarines, 75mHz, FM. The submarine runs off of 6v to a max. of 12v main battery power.

I would like to build a steering circuit since my sub has no rudder. It has Two small thruster motors,on on each side, 1A max. current draw. I would like this circuit to be plugged into One channel of the receiver and get its power from the receiver. Since the receiver works off of the 6v main battery, i suspect thats what the receiver sends out to a servo, if that was on the rudder channel instead of this future steering circuit.

I would like the steering to be " proportional " when you want to turn right, the right motor runs in one direction and the left motor runs in the opposite direction and with the increase demand for a harder turn then the motor would run faster in that turn and the other would run faster in the opposite direction to help make the turn go faster. when going strait then both steering motors face forward and are off. The main rear motor is for forward/Reverse.

I hope that someone can give me a working circuit that will do this as well remember please, its going into a small submarine so circuit board size is important. Also can this been done without its own speed control and I don`t link mechanical relays, solid state relays, I could live with.

Thanks In Advance to All for Your Time and Help.

George

Jure George

Joined Dec 28, 2008
Sorry To All I messed up this post already.

Its supposed to be a New Post nothing to do with the old thread

George

If someone here in control can put this in the Projects Section under a New Thread as " Steering Circuit " I would appreciate it.

Again Thanks All

George

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Now that we are back on track,

Did you manage to make progress on my reply #17?

There is no point in persuing multiple projects unless you can complete at least one of them successfully.

Jure George

Joined Dec 28, 2008
I have placed an order through my local Electronics repair parts supplier, he was out of a few things and instead of going back and forth, I will wait till he has All the parts in stock. One trip is better, one question which I,C version of the 555 is best to use? Which uses the least amount of current but can handle my needs ?

As soon as I get a call after our local long weekend holiday, here in Canada, is done, most likely near a week to wait for the parts, I will breadboard it and try it with my Futaba radio Transmitter/receiver set. I will let you know then how it worked.

Thanks Again for your help with this circuit.

George